Acer Aspire issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks For Taking The Time to read my post/problem

my father let borrow his laptop and they gave it back in bad shape.. first bad mistake

so now we have this brand new laptop completely not working.

battery charges. and the hard drive seems to spin when i turn it on

i have not yet checked the memory or if the hard drive is not working external came here first to hear other ideas while im gutting

so when i turn on the power... light comes on hard disk spins charges but no screen no bios... my conclusion ofc is the Motherboard...was gonna gut it and make sure all is pluged in and switch the memory incase that was the issue as i read on ANOTHER post

Tell us brand and model, and configuration. also where you live (for buying parts) We fan figger this out.
Do you see any sign of impact damage anywhere on any laptop surface.
Do you have a recovery disk set from Acer, or can you get one?
One possibility that would cover most issues is that the hard drive was damage by moving the laptop while the hard drive was spinning. Also, the ribbon cable from under the keyboard to the screen has pulled loose from vibration... or that a memory module has come loose.
The borrowers may not even know that they damaged it.
Are either you or your father good with screw drivers and other tools. You will need a #1 screw driver of excellent quality for hardness, and one smaller driver that is also not a cheap one... Then you can remove the hard drive.
You can buy a new hard drive to test, or borrow one, perhaps.
I would get a new one from www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com, www.frys.com, www.Outpost.com, www.PCMall.com, or other online computer seller.
I recommend the SATA drives from Directron where a 160 GB drive is now only $32.99 to $47.00 depending on what you purchase. The Seagate 160GB drive is only $39.99 plus shipping. Is that an investment you can cover in your budget.
When we hear more from you, we will discuss some ways you can test your system, once we know what it is.

Acer Aspire ONE A150-1126 - Atom 1.6 GHz - 8.9 " - 1 GB Ram - 160 GB HDD

my thing isnt laptops... better at desktops for the obvious reasons :p

i eventually plan on checking all the wires and what not to see maybe if the screen is loose..but i doubt it

no damage looks like perfect condition honestly

my thoery was ... something overheated andburned out.. water dmg

still havent gotten around to opening it bit lazy LOL and my father wants to buy a new better bigger laptop but i wanna fix this 1 for personal use...

reseat all components, if it still will not post, you have a power issue at best or a dead computer at worst.

well checked the RAM not the RAM...so while checking other parts my screen turned white for a second and went blank... any suggestions?

xavega4217, 99% that you have broken bios image. i know the way, to revive your laptop.
1. download the bios update from acer web site.
2. open the zip-file. extract flashit.exe and bios-image file.
3. you'll need formatted 1gb USB-flash drive.
4. RENAME the *.fd file to ZG5IA32.FD (this is important!!!)
5. copy all two files to flashdrive.
6. turn off laptop, insert flash drive in it.
7. hold on Fn+Esc and turn on the unit,holding these keys.
power button will flash and reflashing process will starts. wait 30-40 seconds and turn off laptop(it should turn off by itself).
and then, turn on again. if you're lucky, you'll see the bios screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back