TechSpot

Acer Aspire M5641 doesn't load the Operating System neither the BIOS

By btocb
Jan 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone,

I'm having some troubles with a PC and as the title of the thread says the PC doesn't load the Operating System neither the BIOS.

One day I turned on the PC and when I logged in the computer crashed.

PC specifications:

ACER Aspire M5641 R01-B4

Board: ACER MCP73PV NVIDIA MCP73
    Processor: E2200 2.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. R01-B4 09/11/2008
    Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
    Hard Drive: WD 640GB
    RAM: 3GB:
    -2GB Acer DDR2-800 PC2-6400 non-ECC DIMM <-This memory card stopped working at the same time as this issue occurred
    -1GB Acer DDR2-800 PC2-6400 non-ECC DIMM

What I've tried:

Repair and Reinstall OS:

-I had access in safe mode only once, after that I couldn't login again. I extracted the logs from Event Viewer but I didn't find anything relevant or something related to the problem.

-When I boot from the CD/DVD it loops loading the configuration files; I tried with WinXP and Ubuntu to see what happens but the same issue occurs it loops loading the files and never starts the wizard for the installation.

Memtest86

-I tested the two memory cards in other computer and these were the results:

>One of the mems passed successfully but the other one crashed and never ended the test.
    >So I'm using the memory that is working but that didn't solved the issue

BIOS reset:

-This didn't work. It seems that the Mobo tries to run the BIOS but for one or other reason crashes.

BIOS upgrade:

-I couldn't even run the utility to upgrade the BIOS, happens the same as when I try to get into the BIOS, the screen freezes and I can't do anything.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thx in advance.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.