TechSpot

Acer Aspire one any good?

By redpikachu12
Jul 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys im thinking about buying the Acer Aspire one netbook and was wondering hows its feel and computing powers were. im most likely going to get the 8'' screen because my budget is very low. http://www.frys.com/product/5720742?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG is most likely the one i will be getting any input on this will be very helpful my max budet is $300

point of interest has anyone tried using it for Counter Strike: Source? and how was it.
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

K I cant stress how horribly your experience with source is going to be with this thing.
  3. redpikachu12

redpikachu12 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

hahahahaha well i have this computer which runs fine with source but im wondering if the processor and the video card will be strong enough for it
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Source-based games will run, but will lag frequently. Not worth it IMO.

Save up and buy a proper laptop. You can get a decent Dell notebook for $400-500.
  5. redpikachu12

redpikachu12 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

what would you suggest like what brand sony, toshiba, etc.
  6. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Dell, Toshiba, and some Lenovo machines.
  7. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Brand is nearly irrelevant. You can buy a "crappy" laptop from nearly any company, just as you can buy a great one from the same companies.

What does matter though is the model. Look around online.. find some computers that meet your performance needs and fits your budget.. Then look up reviews on those particular models. That'll be the best way to find the best PC for yourself.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.