Acer Aspire One AOD250 netbook won't boot up

1. For the pass 2 days avast kept showing alerts about several viruses on my computer, I rebooted 2 maybe 3 times and had them all removed except one that avast and I couldn't find, but for the rest of the night my computer was fine. The morning of June 19 when I went to turn on my computer it shows resuming windows xp but the bar never loads, so I turn it off and try changing the startup options but I get this error message. Check cable connection!
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM
    No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
    The morning before I started deleting and uninstalling a whole bunch of files and programs. Later that night I tried downloading a 200MB rar file, which should only take about 7mins but it stoped loading at 41% and stayed that way for the next 3 hours! Anytime I press keys it makes a loud buzzing sound. Can it be fixed or is there anyway i can send it to Acer for repairs?
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

Do you have any friends or associates who have tech knowledge? Do you have your recovery and/or Windows disk?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.