TechSpot

Acer Aspire One D260 (AOD260) blinking battery LED

By ToFuMaN
Apr 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there. This is my first post on TechSpot. Greetings.

I have purchased an Acer Aspire One D260 (AOD260) less than two weeks ago. After finally getting the netbook to work with my college's wireless network by uninstalling excessive pre-installed software, I have encountered a new problem - an orange blinking battery LED. I've searched up a bit on the Internet, and found that older versions of Aspire One have similar problems. The older versions seem to revolve around a faulty BIOS (BIOS update), a battery refusing to be charged (special steps involving removing/replugging the battery), or a dead battery.

Is there a way to confirm the exact problem?

Thing I've tried:
    - removing the A/C and the battery and holding the power button for 10 seconds

Additional information:
    - BIOS version is 3.11, while the latest BIOS is 3.13
    - the orange blinking battery LED only starts to blink when A/C is plugged in
    - A/C works fine, and battery works fine by itself
    - battery is getting charged (I think; 20% battery left, went to sleep, woke up to an orange blinking battery LED, but battery is at 100%)

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,484   +233

If it's only two weeks or so old, is there a reason you can't take it back and have it exchanged or repaired free under warranty?

3. ToFuMaN

ToFuMaN TS Rookie Topic Starter

Somehow I never thought of that. *smack head*

Weird thing is that the blinking is gone now. Dunno what I did.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.