Acer Aspire One problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishrams

Umm well where to start. I have a acer aspire one AOA-150. Intel atom processor n270. 1 gb of ram with 120gb harddrive. Well here's my problem one night i was surfin the net and for some reason it was working really slow. So i decided to turn it off. Next day i turn it on and get a stop error. From research and i found out i could do the e-recovery. But after it finishes the recovery i get the same error. So my question is, is it possible that my e-recovery was corrupted? And if so could i reinstall another e-recovery?
Thanks to any one that can help me on this problem.
-Ishmael

How old is the 120 GB hard drive? Brand?
When a laptop begins running very slowly, it is good to test the drive and memory, then run spyware and software removal tools.
Since you cannot do the infestations, can you put it into a desktop computer as a slave and run the removal tools there?,

Well i don't know what brand of hard drive it is, but it is very small. Idk if i can hook it up to a desktop. I'll try that today. But i can not get into windows to do any of these test because of the stop error.

The hard drive is a seagate momentus 5400.5 160gb. But i can't hook it up to my desktop because it's got sum weird connections.

If the hard drive is IDE (the one with lots of pins on it) then you can use an adapter like this.

If the HDD uses the SATA interfaces, like this one, and your desktop has a SATA header on the motherboard, and correct power adapter on the power supply you won't need to buy anything.

Also you can always get an external adapter or dock for hard drives.

For booting the laptop, have you tried booting in safe mode? To do so, press F8 upon startup.

Open up your computer's case. You will need a connector like THIS on your powersupply, and a header like THIS on your motherboard. Also you will need a SATA data cable.

If you are not comfortable with opening your computer, you can use one of these.

If none of these options are appealing to you, try repairing your windows installation using the operating system disk that came with your computer. If that does not work, and there is no crucial data that is not backed up on the computer, you can just do a fresh windows installation.

Ok i checked and my desktop doesn't have any of them connections. I'll have to buy that connector you showed. As for the recovery disk my computer didn't come with one. But i have to tell you this is a acer aspire one netbook. No cd drive.

I forgot it was a netbook. Once you get th e drivehooked up to your desktop, try doing on the 8 Steps on the drive. If you still have no luck, the cable I linked you to should also be able to hook up your desktop's cd drive to the netbook, so you could do a fresh windows installation if necessary.

You will have to go into the bios, usually by pressing F2 or Delete at start up. Then you will have to find the boot options, and select USB or ZIP as the first boot device. It may be that your laptop doesn't support it, but most current hardware should.

I know that, but pressing F12 to try to select the usb drive as a boot device has nothing to do with what OS you run. I assume that means you didn't have any luck with that though. Have you had the chance to hook it up to another computer and do a scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back