TechSpot

Acer, Asus take first and fourth place in Western Europe

By Matthew
May 21, 2010
  1. Taiwanese PC makers commanded a vast portion of the computer market share in Western Europe during the first quarter of 2010, according to Gartner. Acer and Asus "defied the economic conditions" being the only companies among the top five to increase share during the period, with Asus growing the fastest. Acer held the number one position at 23.4%, while Asus claimed number four with 7.9% -- nearly doubling its 4.8% share from a year ago and witnessing an 85% jump in revenue to $2.4 billion.

Read the whole story

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

I would like to see the prize Acer takes after one year of use, and after two years of use. Our shops are too often full of Acers.

What laptops took place 2 and place 3 in those ratings... Since there are only 9 major players, where were Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony, Gateway, eMachines, and Lenovo ?

3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Wouldn't Gateway and eMachines be together with Acer since they own those brands? Same with HP owning Compaq.

4. these results mean that people buy things if the price is reasonable.
    i am also planning on changing this old vaio. i just need something that
    can play full HD videos and something for casual gaming. that's it.

don't need a powerful laptop that will break the bank.

5. Reloader2

Reloader2 TS Rookie Posts: 66

If you want to watch full HD videos I believe you need something bigger than a netbook screen to really use the "power" of full HD. But what do I know :)

Well the laptops I see in my local hardware shop (Fona) are mostly HP, Acer, Lenovo and Apple. Can't really remember seeing Asus, Dell and especially not Toshiba.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.