TechSpot

Acer CEO resigns amid disagreements with company board

By Matthew
Mar 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Acer CEO Gianfranco Lanci resigned today following strong disagreements with the company's board about Acer's ongoing strategy. "On the company's future development, Lanci held different views from a majority of the board members and could not reach a consensus following several months' of dialogue," said the company's press release.

Read the whole story
  2. ihaveaname

ihaveaname TS Enthusiast Posts: 127

Every business is trying to jump on the tablet bandwagon. I'm with the Microsoft guy on this one (!); this segment is going to collapse. It's getting overburdened with all the companies trying to squeeze in. I think tablets are a gadget that will become dated.
  3. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Wait for some notebooks shifting to tablet like form, and whit a real OS the tablet market will suffer a lot.
  4. Ah he’s the ceo of the acer. Now I know who to blame for the low angles view of my acer notebook (7740) :)
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

What could have possibly happened to make a person resign from the CEO position of one of the top 5 laptop makers in the world?

No but really, in my case, not even if one of the board of directors had slept with my wife, I'd ever resign from such position. But, that's just me...
  6. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

Sooo..... Not an April Fools joke? Bummer... :(
  7. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 239

Now he will be getting the same position in one of the rest of laptop makers with hopes that he will take them alittle bit higher in the list...

And about your wife and the job, if you have so many years getting so much money, you would not think about resignin, he already have enough to live...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.