TechSpot

Acer chief hints at low-cost, quad-core slates later this year

By Shawn Knight
Jan 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Acer has been making some noise in the budget tablet market with their Iconia B1, a $150 slate designed to go toe-to-toe with Google’s popular Nexus 7. It appears that prospect may be panning out as Acer CEO Linxian Lang...

Read more
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

He doesn't have to hint. Anyone who's heard of Moore's Law knows this will eventually happen.

Alternatively, I still don't understand why there's no talk of advancements in battery life. Why do people care so much about cores?!
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,911   +362

I dont really understand the need for a quad core on android, even though im a performance junky...
    We should be more focused on doubling battery life instead of doubling cores.
    SantistaUSA likes this.
  4. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,010   +150

Maybe acer will like to become number 2 in android OS (after samsung).
    acer sort of jumped ship when it criticized ms for releasing ms surface tablet.
    while I disliked acer ceo's comments against ms and ms surface tablet, I am excited about the arrival of several new cheap android tablets from acer.
    (my old archos 28 is so laughable, battery so mediocre, performance so yesteryears.)
    a 7" to 10"-sized tablet is best for emails/posts.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.