Acer Extensa 5260z

Hello everyone....
I have acquired my daughter's boyfriends extensa.
I have previously made him recovery cd/dvd but he lost them.

I wish to restore this laptop to factory. What I have done so far is to make the PQSERVICE partition visible as I needed to recover the password.

When I use erecovery through windows vista I get the option to restore to factory, enter password and answer the appropriate questions (like this will erase all data on drive c:) then the computer reboots and I have two boot options, erecovery or windows vista (c: drive). So I choose erecovery, acer does its thing and there is NO restore to factory option and the following error message failed to get drive 0 partition 3 drive letter (pqservice is now drive f:).
I do get options to repair windows vista, one for erecovery and one for drive c:

When trying to remake recovery cd, the dialog box shows that I want to burn to drive E (the dvd drive) yet an error pops up saying not enough space on drive d.

How can I get the laptop to restore to factory.

Thank you so much
Jayne

I have tried that....the alt f10 does work however, there is no option to restore to factory. The only options that appear are the "which windows operating system do I want to repair". The choices are the c drive or erecovery.

Thank you.....
Tried that and all the computer does is walk me through the steps and reboots. It doesn't wipe anything.
I will get the boyfriend to look for those disks I made.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Back