Acer Extensa 5260z

By Jayne Larsen
Oct 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone....
    I have acquired my daughter's boyfriends extensa.
    I have previously made him recovery cd/dvd but he lost them.

I wish to restore this laptop to factory. What I have done so far is to make the PQSERVICE partition visible as I needed to recover the password.

When I use erecovery through windows vista I get the option to restore to factory, enter password and answer the appropriate questions (like this will erase all data on drive c:) then the computer reboots and I have two boot options, erecovery or windows vista (c: drive). So I choose erecovery, acer does its thing and there is NO restore to factory option and the following error message failed to get drive 0 partition 3 drive letter (pqservice is now drive f:).
    I do get options to repair windows vista, one for erecovery and one for drive c:

When trying to remake recovery cd, the dialog box shows that I want to burn to drive E (the dvd drive) yet an error pops up saying not enough space on drive d.

How can I get the laptop to restore to factory.

Thank you so much
    Jayne
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,700   +156

3. Jayne Larsen

Jayne Larsen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have tried that....the alt f10 does work however, there is no option to restore to factory. The only options that appear are the "which windows operating system do I want to repair". The choices are the c drive or erecovery.
  4. Cobalt006

5. Jayne Larsen

Jayne Larsen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you.....
    Tried that and all the computer does is walk me through the steps and reboots. It doesn't wipe anything.
    I will get the boyfriend to look for those disks I made.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
  6. Cobalt006

Your welcome

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.