Acer Ferrari One now shipping in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Acer announced today that it is now shipping its 11.6-inch Ferrari-branded laptop to US customers. Inspired by the supercar, Acer says its Ferrari One ultraportable notebook -- or netbook, depending on your perspective -- utilizes the "same exquisite details and performance features." Listed specifications include an 11.6" LED-backlit display, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 L310 processor and M780G chipset with Radeon HD 3200 graphics, 4GB of DDR2 RAM, and a 250GB 5400RPM HDD.

The notebook weighs about 3.31lbs and also houses a multi-in-one card reader, a webcam, 802.11a/b/g/n wireless, three USB 2.0 ports, a VGA port, a multi-gesture touchpad, and a six-cell battery for up to five hours of battery life. The Acer Ferrari One FO200-1799 is available now via authorized resellers and major retailers nationwide with prices starting at $599.99, which includes a one-year limited warranty.

Permalink to story.

I see it is missing an optical drive, but other then that it looks very nice for the size/weight profile. This is yet another offering to blur the line between netbooks and notebooks. Maybe we should just stop with the arbitrary distinction and focus on specs alone :)

But anyone who buys this will just be saying "Man I wish I had a Ferrari, but hey look girls, at least I have a Ferrari laptop". The specs don't look half bad for the price though. Unlike those overpriced Lambo laptops

A pretty good deal IMHO, stylish design and well-rounded specs. There are much less powerful netbooks on the market that come dangerously close to the same price mark.

Good decision to opt for the AMD combination. I guess Acer knew that releasing a Ferrari machine based on Atom+i945 would cause a paradox that would destroy the universe as we know it. Okay i'm exaggerating, maybe just our galaxy.

I've had 6 Acer branded laptops going through my hands in the last couple of years (including 2 of the Ferrari branded one's (one a 14/15" the other the 12/13") and, sadly, I cannot recommend the brand. All of them, without exception have been problematic - much more trouble than the various Lenovo's and Dells that I've used.

tengeta said:
Does this mean ASUS won't be making those ugly yellow Ferrari laptops anymore?

Ha ha ha... you are right, they change the color to black on the new model of Lamborghini since no one like the ugly yellow color in US. (Asus insider!) But the price never change, it is so expensive.........it doesn't worth to spend the $$ even you have $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back