TechSpot

Acer introduces 23.6-inch 120Hz 3D-ready LCD monitor

By Matthew
Feb 1, 2010
  1. Jumping into the 3D market with both feet, Acer has launched a new 3D-ready computer monitor today. The company's 23.6-inch TN-based GD235HZ display has a 120Hz refresh rate and is designed to work with Nvidia's 3D Vision active-shutter glasses.

Read the whole story

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I think one of the things holding the old Samsung 3D monitor back was the below-1080p resolution. But the price seems very high considering normal 1080p screens cost about half as much.

3. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

120Hz = awesome

72% NTSC gamut = fail

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,388   +425

No thanks. As long as there are glasses involved, I ain't interested.

5. eafshar

eafshar TS Rookie Posts: 86

i got the samsung one. amm pretty happy with the 120hz... the 3d vision glasses... not so much. got way too many bsod while playing games and i just couldnt get used to them...i tried updating drivers.. contacting their customer service.. etc etc.. waste of money.

6. shossofe

shossofe TS Member Posts: 49

That's a pretty flashy looking monitor....no need for the 3-d though.

7. I`ve got the samsung lcd and 3d vision glasses and they are absolutely amazing, i`ve watched various s3d videos with no probs. and i`ve tried the new Batman, RE5, COD WAW, NFS Shift and others, all brilliant.
    3d vision gets full marks from me :)

8. Yeah go to say, after playing with the Nvidia 3d glasses and the Samsung monitor at a friends, i was hooked. No more 2d gaming for me. i have my Acer on pre order, i cannot wait.....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.