Acer introduces 23.6-inch 120Hz 3D-ready LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Jumping into the 3D market with both feet, Acer has launched a new 3D-ready computer monitor today. The company's 23.6-inch TN-based GD235HZ display has a 120Hz refresh rate and is designed to work with Nvidia's 3D Vision active-shutter glasses.

Other features include a 1920x1080 resolution, 80,000:1 ACM/1,000:1 native contrast ratios, 300cd/m² brightness, 2ms response time, 0.2715mm pixel pitch, 170/160-degree viewing angles, and covers 72% of the NTSC color gamut.

HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs are present, and the display consumes 38.2W when on and 1.85W when asleep. It's also compatible with 100mm VESA mounting systems. The GD235HZ will kick off this month with a suggested retail price of $399.99, and Nvidia's 3D Vision Kit will set you back another $199.99.

In other Acer news, the company said it has no plans to compete against Apple's iPad. Instead, Acer's 2010 mobile lineup will be between 50 to 60% full-size laptops, 20 to 30% ultraportable notebooks, and the remaining chunk will stem from netbooks.

Permalink to story.

I think one of the things holding the old Samsung 3D monitor back was the below-1080p resolution. But the price seems very high considering normal 1080p screens cost about half as much.

i got the samsung one. amm pretty happy with the 120hz... the 3d vision glasses... not so much. got way too many bsod while playing games and i just couldnt get used to them...i tried updating drivers.. contacting their customer service.. etc etc.. waste of money.

I`ve got the samsung lcd and 3d vision glasses and they are absolutely amazing, i`ve watched various s3d videos with no probs. and i`ve tried the new Batman, RE5, COD WAW, NFS Shift and others, all brilliant.
3d vision gets full marks from me :)

Yeah go to say, after playing with the Nvidia 3d glasses and the Samsung monitor at a friends, i was hooked. No more 2d gaming for me. i have my Acer on pre order, i cannot wait.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back