TechSpot

Acer introduces 23.6-inch 120Hz 3D-ready LCD monitor

By Matthew
Feb 1, 2010
  1. Jumping into the 3D market with both feet, Acer has launched a new 3D-ready computer monitor today. The company's 23.6-inch TN-based GD235HZ display has a 120Hz refresh rate and is designed to work with Nvidia's 3D Vision active-shutter glasses.

Read the whole story

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

I think one of the things holding the old Samsung 3D monitor back was the below-1080p resolution. But the price seems very high considering normal 1080p screens cost about half as much.

3. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

120Hz = awesome

72% NTSC gamut = fail

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,544   +587

No thanks. As long as there are glasses involved, I ain't interested.

5. eafshar

eafshar TS Rookie Posts: 60

i got the samsung one. amm pretty happy with the 120hz... the 3d vision glasses... not so much. got way too many bsod while playing games and i just couldnt get used to them...i tried updating drivers.. contacting their customer service.. etc etc.. waste of money.

6. shossofe

shossofe TS Enthusiast Posts: 47

That's a pretty flashy looking monitor....no need for the 3-d though.

7. I`ve got the samsung lcd and 3d vision glasses and they are absolutely amazing, i`ve watched various s3d videos with no probs. and i`ve tried the new Batman, RE5, COD WAW, NFS Shift and others, all brilliant.
    3d vision gets full marks from me :)

8. Yeah go to say, after playing with the Nvidia 3d glasses and the Samsung monitor at a friends, i was hooked. No more 2d gaming for me. i have my Acer on pre order, i cannot wait.....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.