Acer intros slick new multimedia laptop line, Aspire Ethos

By Matthew
Mar 24, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. During an Italian event today, Acer revealed a sleek new notebook range with an emphasis on multimedia performance, the Aspire Ethos. At this point, the company has only shown two models, the 5943G and 8943G, which measure 15.6 and 18.4-inches, respectively. The smaller system has a resolution of 1366x768, while the larger carries a full HD display.

Read the whole story
  2. Zenphic

Zenphic Newcomer, in training Posts: 43

Acer has been releasing some really nice laptops as of late
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

They are one of the only manufacturers that I'd consider buying a laptop from.
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,491   +302

Just a shame they're made soo poorly it would probably bend into a different shape from the heat coming out of these things! or better yet, knowing acer it will probably snap in transit to the shop to be brought. Unless they improve the quality in materials for their laptops I will never buy an acer.

Although the pictures for these actually look like they may have created a decent laptop for the first time since ... ever.
  5. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,000   +11

interesting. since acer releases its 5920 series, continued by 5930, 5935, 5940 and this 5943 i know it would probably be my target, as always.

however i sort of like their touch panel thingy, why would they remove that.
  6. Have they included the new Cinavia DRM in their Blue Ray Player?
  7. peas

peas Newcomer, in training Posts: 50

7.26 and 10.12 lbs ??? What is this, 1990?
  8. Will that 18.4'' ethos support more than 4GB ?
    will it support RAID 0 ?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.