Acer Laptop NTLDR is corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zim

Need someone's help I have acer aspirer 5003WLi had it for two years now. Then just last night found the laptop not booting up properly.

i have tried the Acer Recovery Discs they do not help so if anyone can help me i would extremely grateful. When I did try Recovery Discs it came up with "NTLDR is Corrupt. system cannot boot."

My apologies if i have posted this in the wrong area.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Is there any data that you want, or are you happy just to restore the entire computer?

Using your Restore discs just select clean or new install, wiping the harddrive (all present files will be lost)

There is nothing inportant on the laptop that i can not get back at later stage i just want it to load the OS XP Home Properly but it wont.

Still keeps coming up with NTLDR is Corrupt. system cannot boot when i boot using the recovery disc.

Is missing system32\hal.ddll file it says need to re-install it. i think i might need more detailed instructions if that ok with you.

When i tired 2ND TRY same for 4TH, 5TH, 6TH, 7TH and 8TH.

It comes up with " Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from select boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and you hardware reference manuals for additional info."

9TH come up with I/O Error accesing boot sector file multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)\BOOTSECT.DOS

10TH Just ReBoots the laptop.

Please tell me what else i could try to do to fix this problem will i have to buy a XP Home Edition Disc

That Restore Disk
You are definatel booting from it? (ie CD first as boot order in CMOS)
Also there should be an option to do a full restore, not a repair

There are other tools to download to remove the partition. But I'm sure the Recovery CD should have that option

This is why techs never liked the introduction of these recovery discs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back