Acer Laptop will not downgrade to Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarmory2002

I have an Acer laptop which came with Windows Vista Business Installed on the unit. It also came provided with a backup of the Windows XP Professional software.
I have tried numerous things in order to get this to work, even consulting Acer's own tech support. I cannot get the Formatting tool to recognize the hard drive tht is present in the machine. Has anyone seen this error before?

You will have to do a clean install. Use another xp install disk and then use the key for the xp version you have.

Try - Paragon Partition Manager Professional - this tool have too many options of Hard drive formatting

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I unfortunatly cannot use an original XP disk as I do not have a license for the XP, it is an official downgrade disk provided by Acer. In short, it means I have to use this disk...great isn't it. :p

If the tool doesn't work Acer owes you some form of either drive or software replacement as it was promised as part of the purchase. Best bet is to keep bugging them until they fix it or give you a copy of XP to install ;-)

I done it.From vista to xp.

I just done it. From vista to xp. took me one year.
If anyone have a message when try to install xp over vista, win7, like a blue screen and it say something like - aborted installation to avoid damage to your computer. also say something about hard drive - then I know what to do.
So easy. So simple. why I did not think of it before. Others knows too.
I have a acre aspire 5735z.,but I think this is common problem.

I have an Acer laptop which came with Windows Vista Business Installed on the unit. It also came provided with a backup of the Windows XP Professional software.
I have tried numerous things in order to get this to work, even consulting Acer's own tech support. I cannot get the Formatting tool to recognize the hard drive tht is present in the machine. Has anyone seen this error before?

I done it.From vista to xp.
I just done it. From vista to xp. took me one year.
If anyone have a message when try to install xp over vista, win7, like a blue screen and it say something like - aborted installation to avoid damage to your computer. also say something about hard drive - then I know what to do.
So easy. So simple. why I did not think of it before. Others knows too.
I have a acre aspire 5735z.,but I think this is common problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back