Acer launches all-in-one PC with Kinect-like media controls

Jos

Acer has added a new 3D-ready member to its All-In-One PC lineup: the Acer Aspire Z5763. This multimedia-focused system is powered by an Intel Core i5 2400, i5 2500, or i7 2600 processor, along with Nvidia's 3D Vision technology and a 23-inch full HD 1080p display. It is also the company's first computer to use a Kinect-like feature, called AirControl, which takes advantage of the integrated cameras to interpret hand and finger movements.

Apparently the latter is limited to basic media functions so don't expect a minority report-like experience just yet. According to the press release, you just need to "wave your hand in front of the desktop and the media control interface is launched; move your hand over the button to adjust the volume, rewind or forward, play, pause or stop."

3D graphics are provided by either an Nvidia GeForce GT 440M or GeForce GT 445M card. Acer claims more than 400 game titles will be playable in full stereoscopic 3D out of the box. Other specs include up to 2TB of storage space and 16GB DDR3 memory, integrated 5W stereo speaker system, and Blu-ray disk player. Connectivity includes eight USB 2.0 ports, a multi-format memory card reader, VGA, audio in/out, gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi and optional Bluetooth.

Acer hasn't released availability and pricing information for the U.S. market but the Aspire Z5763 will reportedly be available in the U.K. starting next month from £999 -- or around $1,670.

Permalink to story.

Back