Acer Netbook keeps on turning off for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
This computer is new and for no apparant reson it turns off after 10-20 minutes. I do not know why this is happening

The computer is an Acer aspire Intel core dual processer 7735g

It could be a heat issue. Overheating will shut down a system real fast. Since this new I would contact Acer A.S.A.P. and tell them to either fix the issue or you want a new one.

Hybernating?

This may seem silly simple, but I had a computer do that once. No one in the coffee shop could figure out why it kept doing that. I got disgusted and decided to pack up and leave. That was when I realized that the cord had detached from the machine, and the computer was hibernating to save the end of my battery.

Hate to ask this, but is it plugged in?

This may seem silly simple, but I had a computer do that once. No one in the coffee shop could figure out why it kept doing that. I got disgusted and decided to pack up and leave. That was when I realized that the cord had detached from the machine, and the computer was hibernating to save the end of my battery.

Hate to ask this, but is it plugged in?

I think I know what this is!! I had this problem myself! It's probaly corrupted CMOS memory. I called Acer about this as I thought it was a hardware issue and my netbook was under warranty. They suggested pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds (I think that's what it was). Now this is a COLD start. Press and hold 15 seconds and that automatically clears CMOS memory. Try it and report back with results.

-- Andy

Good one Andy, but if the battery is not locked into place using the slider locks all type of issues. Pull out the battery make sure the power supply cord is not connected either. Push back in the battery then make sure the sliders for the battery are in the lock position. You should be able to press and release the power button and the unit should be okay now, just make sure you have the battery fully charged.

Good one Andy, but if the battery is not locked into place using the slider locks all type of issues. Pull out the battery make sure the power supply cord is not connected either. Push back in the battery then make sure the sliders for the battery are in the lock position. You should be able to press and release the power button and the unit should be okay now, just make sure you have the battery fully charged.

tipstir, I have an Acer Netbook and the CMOS battery is not removable. That's why Acer put the memory erase feature into the power button.

-- Andy

tipstir, I have an Acer Netbook and the CMOS battery is not removable. That's why Acer put the memory erase feature into the power button.

-- Andy

Well if you don't lock the 3 Cell battery into place the unit won't function correctly. I wasn't talking about the CMOS battery but that's good info though about the power reset feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back