Acer: Netbook sales will remain stable through 2011

By Matthew
Sep 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. With tablets quickly becoming the new "must-have" in portable computing, many question the fate of competing devices, such as netbooks. Addressing those concerns at a press conference today, Acer president Scott Lin said that the netbook market will remain strong in the foreseeable future.

Read the whole story
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Where is VIA in all of this?! They really need to push their Nano on netbook manufacturers. They either have a terrible product and the few benchmarks I've seen are faked, or they just suck at marketing. With a competitive processor market in netbooks they could stay viable. A big thing for me on a 'tablet' well, who are we kidding, an iPad, is its flawless playback of video. When I can see an iPad playback a 720p vid and my Atom powered netbook can't, I get frustrated. I think that maybe a Nano could do it.
  3. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 544

More or less all schools in the district is upgrading from workstations to ordinary tablets and netbooks.

The students get to chose what tablets - notebooks (or netbooks) the want (one guy even managed to get a Alienware M15X ha ha) and what's interesting is that Acer makes such a statement... there is not a single student in school who have chosen an Acer model as their personal PC.

Most go for Asus, MSI or even Hewlett-Packard.
  4. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

Tablet- netbook. IMO they are the same thing. They both do the same thing, both portable, y not class them in the same market!