Acer TM720G BSoD problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

saty1296

Hello Chums, about 4 months ago I posted a problem that I was getting ati2dvag.dll Blue Screen of death STOP Error on my new ACER Travelmate 7720G Notebook every now and then. I even sent it for repairs to the Australian store from where I bought, they could not even replicate the problem, I brought it back and the problem came back again. The problem was only persistent in Windows XP Professional 2002 Version with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 PCI-Express graphics driver because when I tried Vista, I did not get any blue screens because of the same driver. Recently, I visited Acer Europe website for drivers downloads for my notebooks as our Australian Website does not provide us with the latest BIOS updates. On the ACER Europe's website which is

http://support.acer-euro.com/

I found the latest BIOS update for Windows XP as well as Vista, I used the latest BIOS update for my notebook Acer Travelmate 7720 for Windows XP. As soon as I updated the BIOS, the ati2dvag.dll Blue Screen of Death problem have disappeared suddenly and now it has been about one week since I have been running this notebook without any ati2dvag.dll BSOD STOP error.

Anyone who faces the same ati2dvag BSOD STOP problem on ACER notebooks/other notebooks with ATI PCI-Express graphics card, if they can find their model number on the ACER Europe website, can update their BIOS and the problem will be gone forever. Even other notebook users with BSOD STOP error because of ATI Graphics chipset must think about updating their BIOS version to the latest version from their manufacturer's website as soon as they can.

I hope this information has been useful to you.

Have a great day and a lovely weekend ahead, chums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back