TechSpot

Acer to launch 3D notebook in October

By Jos
Jun 10, 2009
  1. Acer is reportedly planning to launch a new notebook equipped with a 3D display by the end of October this year. According to a recent DigiTimes report, the system is being co-developed with Taiwanese ODM Wistron, and will apparently come with software that supports three dimensional videos or can otherwise convert those in 2D – how that will work, exactly, isn\'t specified.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,544   +587

Sheesh...not a day goes by without a new product announcement by Acer. That company has had some sort of crazy growth over the last 3-4 years.

3. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Booster Posts: 103

Agreed. I'm impressed with Acer's innovative growth.

I'm not, however, impressed with age-old 3d technology that requires 3d glasses to view. I WILL be impressed by a glasses-free 3d display. Holograms/holographic images? That'd be pretty sweet.

4. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 546

''Acer says it's working on a glasses-free 3D display'' It can't be far off if their already working on a no glasses display. ''Holograms/holographic images?'' That would be sweet but I think its a long way before Star Wars like tech.

5. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Booster Posts: 103

Haha, one can dream. =]

6. I believe it will use polarized glasses similar to what RealD 3-D theaters use. The effect should be fairly compelling and 3-D gaming should be possible.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.