TechSpot

Acer to launch 3D notebook in October

By Jos
Jun 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acer is reportedly planning to launch a new notebook equipped with a 3D display by the end of October this year. According to a recent DigiTimes report, the system is being co-developed with Taiwanese ODM Wistron, and will apparently come with software that supports three dimensional videos or can otherwise convert those in 2D – how that will work, exactly, isn\'t specified.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

Sheesh...not a day goes by without a new product announcement by Acer. That company has had some sort of crazy growth over the last 3-4 years.
  3. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

Agreed. I'm impressed with Acer's innovative growth.

I'm not, however, impressed with age-old 3d technology that requires 3d glasses to view. I WILL be impressed by a glasses-free 3d display. Holograms/holographic images? That'd be pretty sweet.
  4. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 543

''Acer says it's working on a glasses-free 3D display'' It can't be far off if their already working on a no glasses display. ''Holograms/holographic images?'' That would be sweet but I think its a long way before Star Wars like tech.
  5. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

Haha, one can dream. =]
  6. I believe it will use polarized glasses similar to what RealD 3-D theaters use. The effect should be fairly compelling and 3-D gaming should be possible.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.