Acer unveils Iconia Tab A200 and quad-core A700 tablets

By Leeky
Jan 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Acer has unveiled two new tablets from its Iconia Tab range, one of which is set to cause quite a stir as the company begins the battle to win best…

Read the whole story
  2. inventix1136

inventix1136 Newcomer, in training Posts: 85   +14

I can't wait for the A700 to come out. Enough horse power, more connectors than the transformer PRIME, and high resolution to boot.

Sad really that this TABLET has higher resolution than ALL of the ultra-portable laptops being shown at CES, and it is even a smaller screen...
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 907   +36

I was thinking along the same thing... =(
  4. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 357   +30

What boat racing game is that?

Anyone ever play Wip3out? That game would be loads of fun on a tablet I think..
  5. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

^wipeout would be extremely difficult on a tab... hell it's even hard with a game pad. super reflexes needed...

i'm still not sold on tablets enough to actually want to purchase one. some of them tote some pretty impressive specs for a mobile device but i feel like a powerful slim notebook would be significantly better anyways. i guess it's just a matter of personal preference...
  6. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 357   +30

^ true but the accelerometer is fast enough for other racing games... I used keyboard though which was more than enough. I guess I just think that game because the graphics in games then are what mobile devices can do now. which is why a lot of old games are getting ported over to DROID OS.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.