Acer unveils Iconia Tab A200 and quad-core A700 tablets

Leeky

Acer has unveiled two new tablets from its Iconia Tab range, one of which is set to cause quite a stir as the company begins the battle to win best product of the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.

The show stopping powerhouse of a tablet, the Iconia Tab A700 looks set to compete directly against the Transformer Prime with its massive specification list. It features a Tegra 3 quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM with a native 1080p “IPS quality” 1920x1200 pixel 10.1-inch display, along with mini-USB, mini-HDMI and micro-SD ports and a reverse mounted 5-megapixel camera.

acer iconia tab a200 a700 ics tablet quad-core ces 2012 iconia tab a700 iconica tab

It looks to be running Google’s latest mobile OS, Android 4.0 ICS, with a subtly tweaked Acer UI skin that appears to contrast well with the native ICS interface. As it’s a prototype model there aren’t many details available, including storage options, connectivity, pricing or availability.

Also making an appearance is the Acer Iconia Tab A200 tablet (below), sporting a 10.1-inch display with a 1280x800 pixel resolution. It features 8GB of onboard storage, is powered by a Tegra 2 dual-core processor with an integrated GeForce GPU. The front features a 2-megapixel camera, with another mounted in the titanium grey pattern rear cover. Also included is a mini-HDMI port and micro-SD card slot.

acer iconia tab a200 a700 ics tablet quad-core ces 2012 iconia tab a700 iconica tab

Initially the A200 will be available with Android 3.2 Honeycomb, with the company offering free updates to Android 4.0 ICS sometime in February. According to Acer the battery will provide enough juice to power it for 8 hours before needing recharging.

The A200 will be available from major retailers in the US from January 15 starting at around $329.99. A 16GB model will also be available for around $350.

Permalink to story.

I can't wait for the A700 to come out. Enough horse power, more connectors than the transformer PRIME, and high resolution to boot.

Sad really that this TABLET has higher resolution than ALL of the ultra-portable laptops being shown at CES, and it is even a smaller screen...

inventix1136 said:
Sad really that this TABLET has higher resolution than ALL of the ultra-portable laptops being shown at CES, and it is even a smaller screen...
I was thinking along the same thing... =(

What boat racing game is that?

Anyone ever play Wip3out? That game would be loads of fun on a tablet I think..

^wipeout would be extremely difficult on a tab... hell it's even hard with a game pad. super reflexes needed...

i'm still not sold on tablets enough to actually want to purchase one. some of them tote some pretty impressive specs for a mobile device but i feel like a powerful slim notebook would be significantly better anyways. i guess it's just a matter of personal preference...

^ true but the accelerometer is fast enough for other racing games... I used keyboard though which was more than enough. I guess I just think that game because the graphics in games then are what mobile devices can do now. which is why a lot of old games are getting ported over to DROID OS.

Back