Acer updates Aspire G gaming desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Acer has revealed an updated version of its gamer-oriented Aspire G desktop, also known as the Predator. It has the same Orange casing as its predecessor, but naturally a quick look at the specs shows some improved horsepower. Among them is Intel’s new Core i7 950's running at 3.06GHz and X58 Express chipset, 6GB of DDR3 RAM (up to 12GB), and a pair of Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 graphics cards.

The new Aspire G also sports a 1TB 7,200rpm SATA HDD, Blu-ray optical drive, multi-format memory card reader, bundled G15 gaming keyboard and G9 mouse, and runs Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. On the connectivity side, Acer’s gaming desktop comes with no less than eleven USB 2.0 ports, two eSATA ports, four DVI-D outputs and two Gigabit Ethernet ports. There’s no mention of a specific release date, but its price is expected to be in the $2,700 range when it launches.

Permalink to story.

So I guess the question is ...will this one also catch on fire..like the last one..or did they fix that this time

I really want the orange monitor! But from memory and a review I read of it a while back it's not meant to be a very good monitor though :(

Dear Acer,

I just need the case and the monitor.
Case + Monitor +Keyboard = >$500 == HAPPY ACER CUSTOMERS

Yours truly,
An asus fan

@ JudaZ... Dident you here.. with each case you get a fire extinguisher, and also where there was the Turbo button, you press that and Aqua Man comes to the rescue :)

@ JudaZ... Dident you here.. with each case you get a fire extinguisher, and also where there was the Turbo button, you press that and Aqua Man comes to the rescue :)

Aqua man!? as in Craig Ferguson? :haha:

Do your research!! I have one and its fantastic! Why? Well aprt from the Core i 7 performamnce, This new model talso allows me to up to 3 nVidia cards or two ATI cards so I can always stay on top. Before you had to by a mother board that only supported Nvidia or ATI, not both.

Guest - *loL* I've done my research. I work as an Acer Authorized dealer. (looking at my "wonderful" plaque on the wall) Acer has alot of problems, but the issue with the predator was extreme. We didnt eaven start selling them when i saw on the acer support pages news about the issue with cablieing catching fire. firtst they astarted recalling some, then they wanted to recall all of them. I'm just glad we sell computers from other manufactures as well .. like proper stabil machines from ex. HP. not only mostly great machines, but excellent supprot as well. Acers support is terrible...at least in this country. The support isnt at all better for us resellers.

They have treated us to great drinking partys, but no information...and usually no help when needed.
Very often I have to tell the people in support about standard problems they dont even know about. (one common issue is them publishing BIOs upgrades that only work for some machines in a series...but they dont mention this... so if you use it...you machine is ruined..and no warranty)

I don't get it......You could build that same PC with a different case (prob better looking too) a flagship phenom 2 and a gtx 295 for about $1000 less, not to mention a bigger monitor. This thing is only running gtx 250's in sli?? That's barely an improvement over 2 9800 gt's.....given that the 250 is basically a re-branded 9800 gt. I just don't understand why people think this thing is so "awsome". It's just Awsomely expensive....and orange lol.

The computer looks great, I love the gaming features, but I would argee that you could bulid the computer for less and better specs and save a couple hundred on it. i would love to know how the livestreaming is on it. At www.livestream.com, it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back