TechSpot

Acer's latest ultrabooks sport touch screens, Windows 8

By Rick
Oct 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Acer continues to fortify its upcoming Windows 8 line up. The company's latest additions are the M5-481PT and M5-581T: touch screen-enabled, Ivy Bridge-toting "ultrabooks" equipped with 14-inch and 15.6-inch displays, respectively. Both models will feature reasonable prices tags of $699...

Read more

2. Raswan

Raswan TS Enthusiast Posts: 279

Wow, someone got burned by an ACER laptop in the recent past, or was this article just written after too much coffee and a shitty day at the office?

3. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 951   +192

Lol. The negativity about the weight/size of these laptops is a little overboard, but not really unjustified.

4. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 803   +88

This is fairly attractive entry-level ultrabook PLUS touchscreen and Win8... The weight doesn't bother me considering it's feature set. SSD and all.

5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 4,573   +65

No. Actually this was the product of not *enough* coffee and having had looked at ultrabooks until my eyes bled earlier this week.

6. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 528   +146

I would carry around a 10lbs "ultrabook" if it were a 15.6" edge to edge screen and <1in. thick. I would gladly take 16 hour battery life and a quad core processor over a few pounds.