Acer's new super-thin S5 ultrabook, Timeline Ultra revealed

By Julio Franco
Jan 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. After a lukewarm reception with its first-gen ultrabook, Acer is ready for a second round. The new Aspire S5 is being touted as the thinnest ultrabook currently available, measuring just…

Read the whole story
  2. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 339   +19

All this mumbo jumbo about thin laptops is ridiculous since it all looks the same when you look at it directly. And for some stupid reason I want one.
  3. cos its sexy :)
  4. So if this keeps going on and on then the final ultimate ultrabook is going to be a laptop the size of a 13,3" piece of laminated aluminum
  5. i wish they could make one close to the mac book air (looks wise)
    sadly nothing's come close =[
    going into college soon though, probably going to end up buying a mac book air and putting windows on it with a bootable USB >.<
    YEAH I KNOW! wtf kind of idea is that!?
    i just DO NOT get mac and dont have the time to learn it, at this moment
  6. Taharial

Taharial Newcomer, in training

The last laptop I purchased was rendered useless not far into its life from the area around the hinge cracking and splitting open. I hope this laptop is as sturdy as it is small.
    As a techie, I love seeing things like this. It gets me exciting for the future of technology where our computers will be flexible and nearly weightless translucent sheets of circuitry coated in plastic.
    As a large hairy man, I'm scared I'd break this thing in my large clumsy hands. :(
  7. inventix1136

inventix1136 Newcomer, in training Posts: 85   +14

Let me guess, all of the laptops mentioned in the article will only come with 1366x678 resolution and no option for a higher res display.

P.S. Why is it that the resolution options of today's laptops is so much WORSE than it was 5 years ago -- it is so bad that even a PHONE has almost better resolution than most of the laptops out there, and soon most premium TABLETS will DEFINITELY have better resolutions...
  8. Is it too much wanting it to have blu-ray in it? Then, it would be perfect and one more would be sold...
  9. They do make an alternative to macbook air. Samsumg series 9. I've had one for six months and it is fantastic. But just as pricey as mac.
  10. If they all have useless 1366x768 screens, then still not interested.
  11. it's great to her it...excellent work done by acer ... ihate heavy laptops...guess i have a option now....:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.