TechSpot

Acronis Software Vista Image Deployment

By yurym
Aug 7, 2008
  1. Hello,

I am working on setting up an image deployement solution. The current problem I am having with Acronis Snap Deploy 3.0 is that when I try to deploy an image it deploys normally and Snap Deploy does the extra setup before Windows loads to a logon screen. The problem I am having is after I log in, windows is missing the "Vista" theme and whenever I try to click on anyting (Computer, Documents) It gives me a popup messege that has a title of "Explorer.exe" and in the messege it says "class not registed." I cannot figure out why the image is not working. I am deploying it onto the exact same computer I made the image from. It was a clean install of windows Vista Business.

To make the image I loaded the master computer into the Acronis software using the Acronis PXE server. I then imaged the computer and the image was put directly on the imaging server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You
    Yury

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 8,958   +587

I've always just attached the target media device and booted the Acrois CD to create the image.

3. yurym

yurym TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried doing that to and I get the same result of an image that is verified by Acronis to be error free, but when I deploy it i get the error I described above

4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,418   +77

Check for an upgrade to Acronis - I think they have had problems getting up to speed with Vista. SP1 is recent, and has possibly thrown another spanner in their works.

5. yurym

yurym TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have the newest build of the Snap Deploy 3.0 PC version. The Acronis tech support team is not helpful at all. I am currently testing the software on a trial before my company invests in it and the Tech support will not help me because I am not a "paying customer." Very poor customer service there.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.