Ad-Aware malfunctioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavster

Hey guys. Thats actually the first time I'm having a weird software problem that I have never seen before. I got a system running Win XP Home with Norton SystemWorks 2005 and Ad-Aware SE 1.05. When I start windows, I can go into Ad-aware no problem, but once I start Norton, it hangs for a long time and then it starts up. Once I start Norton, even if I close it, I can't open Ad-aware anymore. I click on the icon and it loads it in the memory but there is no indication that Ad-aware is open. I have reinstalled Ad-aware a few times and I have also disabled all the start ups and as well as many of the services. The system is only 1 week old with a P4 3.0e and 1 gig dual channel on an Asus P4P-800(i cant remember if it was -MX or -SE). Do you have any recommendations on what I should do? I would appriciate any input. Thanks.

I normally don't run more than one type of diagnostic program at a time as they can knock heads. Keep in mind these progs whether it's an anti-virus, spyware ,adware or even a defragger they are searching the drives entire contents.
Limit them to only one running at a time and you should have no problem.

patio. :cool:

Thanks for the advice but I should specify that I am only running 1 program at the time. Once I exit one of the programs, the other one won't open. If I start Ad-aware first, after I close it, I can't open Norton. If I start Norton first, after I close it, I can't start Ad-aware.

Sounds as if SystemWorks has a running process in the background...
Check your settings there first.
No longer a big fan of Norton products so i'm afraid i can't be of much help.

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back