Ad.doubleclick.net browser problem in Linux

By tw0rld
Sep 22, 2008
Post New Reply
  1. Firefox hangs while trying to connect to ad.doubleclick.net. The problem occurs while browsing through the TS forums. Tried deleting cache. I am Using Kubuntu 8.04. The Problem only started today. To load page I have to restart Firefox. When I switched to konqueror I no longer had the problem. Am I the only one Experiencing this problem?

[​IMG]
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,520   +311

I would love to know if anybody else is experiencing this kind of problem. I have loaded TS with a number of browsers (in Windows) without an issue so far, and the fact that switching to Konqueror fixes your problem would suggest that is a client side issue.

Have you tried reinstalling Firefox or even loading the site after a reboot?
  3. tw0rld

tw0rld TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 609   +6

I did reinstall Firefox. Restart the browser, and restart the system. I have also reinstalled the entire O.S as I was experiencing additional problems. The fact that Konqueror is not behaving in the same manner makes me think it is a problem with Firefox.
  4. tw0rld

Julio, Did you edit my Title? I am not experiencing any freeze at all. The browser just hangs while attempting to load the contents of the page.
  5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,520   +311

I did, will change it.

The browser hangs and then loads the site or it never does and you are forced to close the application?
  6. tw0rld

It never loads. I have to restart Firefox. This isn't a major issue though. I will just use another browser. I am currently using Firefox in win Xp and I have no problems.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.