Ad rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffordcooley

Could you guys please rotate Ads?

It gets old seeing the same ad over and over, every time a page loads. Even then it wouldn't be so bad, if the Ad didn't cover 25% real-estate. Makes it difficult to ignore, so maybe a rotation would be less annoying.

In the top right corner of the AD there is a little button called "AdChoices"
If you click on this you can make changes to what ads are shown, next to this button is also an X that removes the particular AD you are seeing...
Now we use Google's AD system and they provide AD's for things you search for etc via Google, in my case I'm seeing Wicked Lasers AD's all the time, just because I looked them up a while ago.
I'm also seeing AD's for snow tires, because I was looking for a new pair for my car...
But yea I do agree that the rotation could be quicker, not much sense in seeing AD's for new snow tires in the summer, on the other hand my rear summer tires where worn out (I wonder why :D) maybe Google has a spy here that knows this :D

In the top right corner of the AD there is a little button called "AdChoices"
I'm not seeing this choice.
For the record, is it supposed to be visible for Opera?

Just so we are on the same page, the same ad will show for a week or so and then change for a for another week.

Not all ad campaigns show the option Per mentions. I think (don't take my word for it) those AdChoices is mostly on ads where behavioral or cookie data was used to show that campaign based on your "interests". However seeing that clifford is visiting from the US, you're likely getting a premium ad campaign, aimed at tech enthusiasts (what we strive for because of the higher rates we can get and because of relevancy to our audience).

However, point taken, it's boring to get the same thing over and over. I will pass this on to our agency.

Boring or not, we don't come here in order to watch ads and be excited by them. They're performing a useful function by paying the site expenses for us to have it for free.

So my advice to the owners is, just carry the bona fide ads that maximize income which is the primary criterion. All other criteria come far behind.

Why are you responding as if I had asked for their removal?

You are quite right, I don't come here to see the ads. I do come here though and I do see the ads, so what is wrong in asking for a variety?

Ohhh and by the way I did finally see the "Ad Choice" option but thats only to opt out (the best I could tell anyway) of specific company ads. I'm asking for a bigger variety of ads, not fewer or the lack thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back