Adblock Plus unable to disallow non-intrusive ads

tonylukac

Some ads are starting to get thru abp even tho "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" is not checked. Ads are showing up on various websites and 2 trojans have been detected by avast. This never happened with previous versions of abp. Now I have to scan 10 hours with antivirus, 10 hours with adaware, 5 hours with malwarebytes, 5 hours with super anti-spyware, etc for every web surf. Along with the new versions of firefox every month breaking add ons, I'm wondering if I should go back to internet explorer.

Some ads are starting to get thru abp even tho "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" is not checked. Ads are showing up on various websites and 2 trojans have been detected by avast. This never happened with previous versions of abp. Now I have to scan 10 hours with antivirus, 10 hours with adaware, 5 hours with malwarebytes, 5 hours with super anti-spyware, etc for every web surf. Along with the new versions of firefox every month breaking add ons, I'm wondering if I should go back to internet explorer.

What browser(s) do you have adblock plus installed on? I've not used this tutorial http://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started
but it may be of help.
I have adblock plus installed on my Google Chrome, Firefox,SeaMonkey & Opera browsers & no problems.
I don't know if OS has anything to do with it,but include it in your reply. Good luck.

I'm using Firefox 10.0.0 and Firefox 10.0.2. I'm using Vista Home Premium and Vista Business, all 32 bit. Thanks for the tutorial, but abp was always carefree. Just install and forget it.

I'm using Firefox 10.0.0 and Firefox 10.0.2. I'm using Vista Home Premium and Vista Business, all 32 bit. Thanks for the tutorial, but abp was always carefree. Just install and forget it.

I've never been able to install it & forget it. Normally one has to subscribe to the "easy list" & maybe the "fanboy" list.
I'm not on a Vista now,but have installed it on Vista Home Premium & had to subscribe to those .I wish you well.

Back