TechSpot

Add/Remove Programs is blank.

By jay1648
Jun 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I've been using my computer for a long time now and have Windows XP on it. It's working absolutely fine but the only problem i've got is that whenever i go to the Add/Remove programs in the control panel it shows only 4 or 5 items listed there. I remember checking it a few weeks ago and it had a list of programs but now it have only 4 or 5 programs listed on it.
    I haven't uninstalled anything from my computer and the hard disk have been formatted 1 month ago only.
    I don't think it's any spyware or any virus in the computer but i think some settings have got changed which is why it's happening.
    Can anybody tell what could be a possible reason for this to happen. My computer is less likely to have any malware on it coz i keep checking it frequently. I have zonealarm firewall. And also i haven't used internet a lot since i reformatted my hard drive.

Please Help!
  2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

use crap cleaner to remove software.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.