TechSpot

Add/Remove screen shows no text

By LPent
Oct 23, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I noticed recently (after installing SP2?? I'm not sure) that the 4 buttons on the left-hand side of the add/remove screen no longer disply the text (just the icon). Can this be fixed?

LPent

2. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,086

Welcome to the TechSpot LPent!

No, What you have noticed a just 4 buttons and a text is that you does not have any applications or programs installed. I think SP2 replaced the entire registrys. I am using a old version of Windows XP Pro with SP1, it running great. (v2001.04.04 Build 2600) I am no expert on Window XP. Try contact with microsoft and ask the expert there. Thanks.

3. LPent

LPent TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi bushwhacker,

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
    I have absolutely no problems running SP2. This particular "problem" is only an esthetic one. I know what the four buttons are for, it's just that I dislike the fact that they no longer have any text on them. I have no service contract with MS and I am sure they won't answer such an unimportant question :rolleyes:

4. netmanwa

netmanwa TS Rookie

Check your display settings...

I had a similar problem and discovered that the "brick" selection in the Appearance tab caused the buttons to not display text. I changed to another selection (any will do to try this) and the text then appeared on the buttons. When I went back to "brick" the text again was gone. Hope this helps!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.