Adding a case fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory7

Does anyone think that if i add an 80mm case fan my generic 300 watt psu will still be able to run everything smoothly?

Thanks.

Trying it out will tell you for sure.;)

Myself, I wouldn't use a generic PSU to begin with but that's just me.

didnt have choice, came with case. Having it not being able to manage, will that damage any components?

If the PSU isn't powerfull enough, it either won't start at all or will wear otu quickly but I don't think it will damage the rest of your system ( unless it catches fire, in which case it could even damage your hosue ;) ).

That's one reason I only by the case and PSU seperately...been bitten one with the combo thing, and I won't do it again. But I guess that's how you learn sometimes.

if i were you i would look at the pther components on the power supply it is just like one or two hard drives and the cpu cooler it should be fine. i used to run 3 hard drives as well as 8 case fans on my old 300w generic. so one should be ok. if i were yo i would upgrade to a bigger one such as an enermax or i have also found that the aopen 350w or higher is usually stable enough. just go for it a new power supply dont cost jack and it easy to install.

- Watch your language on the forums
Didou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back