Adding a case fan.

By Rory7
Mar 13, 2004
  1. Does anyone think that if i add an 80mm case fan my generic 300 watt psu will still be able to run everything smoothly?

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Trying it out will tell you for sure.;)

Myself, I wouldn't use a generic PSU to begin with but that's just me.
  3. Rory7

Rory7 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 119

didnt have choice, came with case. Having it not being able to manage, will that damage any components?
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

If the PSU isn't powerfull enough, it either won't start at all or will wear otu quickly but I don't think it will damage the rest of your system ( unless it catches fire, in which case it could even damage your hosue ;) ).
  5. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 380

That's one reason I only by the case and PSU seperately...been bitten one with the combo thing, and I won't do it again. But I guess that's how you learn sometimes.
  6. Moimit

Moimit TS Rookie Posts: 76

if i were you i would look at the pther components on the power supply it is just like one or two hard drives and the cpu cooler it should be fine. i used to run 3 hard drives as well as 8 case fans on my old 300w generic. so one should be ok. if i were yo i would upgrade to a bigger one such as an enermax or i have also found that the aopen 350w or higher is usually stable enough. just go for it a new power supply dont cost jack and it easy to install.

- Watch your language on the forums
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.