Adding a second SSD

By Harry_Beast
May 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I currently have an Intel X25 80gb.Is there any compatability issues I should be concerned about? I am looking to add an Intel 120gb or 160 gb.There is a great variety such as 320s 520 s and the like.Looks like the X25s don't come in 120 or 160! Any suggestions?
    My 80gb is almost full with Win7 and 2 games.This rig is only for games--I don't do any media stuff onit!!
  2. ITLogicSystems

ITLogicSystems TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 106

I seriously doubt if you have compatibility issues if you are going from a current SSD to a larger one. Only thing I can forsee is if you have a system that has only supports SATAII & you get a SSD that is SATAIII - you will be losing performance, but it should work. Post your system specs, that will help immensely in answering your compatibility questions. try speccy: http://www.piriform.com/speccy to grab all your system specs & post them back. Hope this helps, take care!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.