Adding memory

drensmith

I have an older 1GB p.c. I want to add 1G.B. to it. I located the correct part but my question is,,is this a simple process ? or should I have a pro do it? thanx

Here's one of the many videos on installing RAM. It is fairly straight forward. Module is notched in such a way that it will only fit in the slot one way. Depends on how cluttered it is inside the case, you might need to disconnect some cables/wires to do the install. I'd also get a can a compressed air and blow out the dust if it's dusty inside.

Here's one of the many videos on installing RAM. It is fairly straight forward. Module is notched in such a way that it will only fit in the slot one way. Depends on how cluttered it is inside the case, you might need to disconnect some cables/wires to do the install. I'd also get a can a compressed air and blow out the dust if it's dusty inside.

Thanx...good idea

Just finished video. did I see it right? 2 memory sticks were replaced with 2 new memory sticks ?

The computer in the video has 4 slots for memory. Two of which are occupied. He got two more modules to fill the empty slots.

Back