Additional Guard Application spyware

By appleapple47
Dec 15, 2009
  1. I'm taking care of this comp for my friend. I don't know how they received this malicious program.

So far i noticed the obvious problem of the Additional Guard Application constant pop up about having these 'viruses' and got to pay $$ to remove them. A bothersome application.
    Not only that, when on the internet, it redirects to other sites.

Reliable anti virus programs [ie avast, avira] and anti-malware [malwarebytes anti spyware] are not functioning. It will not run.

However, when i did the preliminary instruction, the anti virus program began to work.
    The application stopped popping up...but i think only for temporary. I know this computer has a lot more problems. But since it is not my computer, i can't pin point all of them.
    Here is all the logs. There was an astonishing amount of infected files.

Please help. Much is appreciated.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Registry Keys Infected: 751

And you have 2 Antivirus programs running

And there are a stack more of Malwares in there ! :D

You say you are "taking care" for a "friend".? Tell them to backup and re-install clean
    That's my 100% recommendation.
    You might also want to let them know how to use the Internet properly, else they'll surely come back to you ;)
  3. appleapple47

appleapple47 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i can't seem to locate the other antivirus. All i see is avast.

Only solution is to reformat?
    Don't know if they are going to agree to do it. lol
    Uh. i guess i'll tell them that. I can't do much since i don't know much about this computer.

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Both AVG and Avast are both running according to your log
    Sorry to be short and sweet, but I must logoff
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.