Address bar or Google home page..?

By kizzy212
Mar 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello All,

For the last few days i have been experience some problems loading pages and Clicking on things and nothing happening. I always click my internet explorer icon on desktop and it brings up Google home page. Type in facebook for example and sign in.

I went onto facebook and again couldnt click on certain things.. and if it did work it would just continue to load. I have reset internet settings in tools-advanced as adviced, but still the same.

So by chance i happened to signed into the facebook from the address bar along the top and bingo everything works fine. So i went back to google home page typed in facebook, signed in and the problem still there...

Why is this? I have tried other things where i was having problems, hotmail account normally through sign in through windows messenger, couldnt delete, or open some emails, and again all works fine with adddress bar.. I also noticed a massive speed difference.

Is it best to use address bar than google home page.?

Any advice greatly appriecated.

Kirsty
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,288   +281

you do not need ANY of these "tool bars" - - frequently they lead to issues such as yours.

Control -> Add / Remove ==> uninstall Ask Toolbar & Google Toolbar

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.