1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Address Book path location?

By Billh ยท 4 replies
Jul 29, 2009
  1. Trying to locate the "Path" to my contacts address book! I've managed to create contacts using Excel but...I'll be damned if I can locate my contacts using every technique that I could find!
    Of course, I'm trying to Export to Outlook 2007...Guess I'm just overtired!

Thanks,
    bill

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

If you createwd your address book with Excel, by default, it should be in your 'my documents' folder.
    If for some reason you don't see it, just do a search for 'xls' files.
    Also, if you open MS Excel, the last few files you worked on should be at the bottom of the list in the 'file' menu. :)

3. Billh

Billh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Strategic...However, even though I do see the Excel Contacts in My Doc's...how then do I get it into Outlook 2007? I keep trying via the File menu within Outlook but...I don't seem to be getting anywhere? I'm obviously missing something!!!
    Too much cafe & No Rack-Time!

4. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

Aah, now that changes things a bit, I have Office 2003, so it should be similar (I had a similar problem once, I imported into Outlook Express, then imported from there).
    Try this:
    You should have under the 'file' menu a button that says 'import and export' or similar.
    click it >>>"import from another program or file">>>select either (comma separated values [windows]) OR (Microsoft Excel). You may need to organize it a bit since it might import different depending on the column preferences, but at least you'll have names/email addresses to work with.:)

5. Billh

Billh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Have simply created address book by manually inputting contact info...

Thanks for taking the time!
    billh

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.