Address Book path location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billh

Trying to locate the "Path" to my contacts address book! I've managed to create contacts using Excel but...I'll be damned if I can locate my contacts using every technique that I could find!
Of course, I'm trying to Export to Outlook 2007...Guess I'm just overtired!

Thanks,
bill

If you createwd your address book with Excel, by default, it should be in your 'my documents' folder.
If for some reason you don't see it, just do a search for 'xls' files.
Also, if you open MS Excel, the last few files you worked on should be at the bottom of the list in the 'file' menu. :)

Thanks Strategic...However, even though I do see the Excel Contacts in My Doc's...how then do I get it into Outlook 2007? I keep trying via the File menu within Outlook but...I don't seem to be getting anywhere? I'm obviously missing something!!!
Too much cafe & No Rack-Time!

Aah, now that changes things a bit, I have Office 2003, so it should be similar (I had a similar problem once, I imported into Outlook Express, then imported from there).
Try this:
You should have under the 'file' menu a button that says 'import and export' or similar.
click it >>>"import from another program or file">>>select either (comma separated values [windows]) OR (Microsoft Excel). You may need to organize it a bit since it might import different depending on the column preferences, but at least you'll have names/email addresses to work with.:)

If you createwd your address book with Excel, by default, it should be in your 'my documents' folder.
If for some reason you don't see it, just do a search for 'xls' files.
Also, if you open MS Excel, the last few files you worked on should be at the bottom of the list in the 'file' menu. :)

Have simply created address book by manually inputting contact info...

Thanks for taking the time!
billh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back