Adice an new CPU prices dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish4specs

I'm looking at getting a new CPU. my motherboard is an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2. I currently have an Athlon64 3700+ installed. It works fine but I do a lot of video editing which involves a lot of rendering and encoding. Thought dual core might suit my needs better. I've been looking at these three. They are the fastest for each type my mobo will handle. The prices have been continually dropping. Should I wait for FX-60 to drop more? Is the price differential with X2 4800+ out of kilter? While price is a consideration it is not the deciding factor, performance is more important. Is the Opteron a good middle of the road compromise? Would another CPU suit my needs better?
I'm not looking to do any overclocking, so that's not an issue.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

A X2 3800+ overclocked beats a 4800+ For your information :), so its just up to how much you want to spend and whether you want to overclock or not.

fish4specs said:
I'm not looking to do any overclocking

I think he doesn't want to do it :)

I'd choose the X2 4800+, there's too much price difference to justify the FX-60, and I don't know too much about Opterons. I think they're mainly for overclockers, so if you don't wanna overclock, you should be fine with the X2 4800+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back