"Adjust Date / Time" not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmileb

Vista Ult. 32 locked up yesterday (using MS Outlook at the time). Rebooted and got the continual green bar mem check. I popped the CMOS battery as sometimes that will work if other measures fail. Still would not boot, so out came the Install disk and ran several sessions of repair. Finally got it working, but I have lost the "Adjust Date / Time" feature in Vista. I corrected the date and time via the BIOS, but cannot get the Vista feature to work.

Error message:

Description
Did this control panel work correctly?

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PCA2
Problem Signature 01: timedate.cpl
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: timedate.cpl
Problem Signature 04: unknown
Problem Signature 05: unknown
Problem Signature 06: 9
Problem Signature 07: 202
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 10088378

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct the issue?

What happens if you type timedate.cpl into the RUN box ?

All I can find on the internet refers to Win98 or similar. The only possibilities that may work for you are replace timedate.cpl from a working PC (for which you will need to be super-administrator).

Also double-check the bios actually has the right date and time - remember there is ambiguity about whether the date is DDMMYYYY or MMDDYYYY (at least in my country !)

There is here http://www.websecurity.mobi/computer-help/497-timedate-cpl.html something not too different. Even though it is about Millenium, it offers another suggestion as to where to find things that may affect your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back