Adobe Flash Player 10.2 coming to Android next week

By Emil
Mar 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe has announced that Flash Player 10.2 will be available for Android on March 18, 2011. Flash Player 10.2 will be available for Android 2.2 (codenamed Froyo) and Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread) devices which meet the Flash Player hardware system requirements.

Read the whole story
  2. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 726   +224

Will adobe just pull their fingers out and make an actual release for an x64 version of Flash, and not just a buggy, badly supported test version.

I know this isn't directly relevant, but it seems that Adobe have been farting around, doing everything they can, except what the end users are asking for.
  3. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Guru Posts: 509   +35

Seems like it does a lot for Multi GPU Tegra 2 Tablets with Android 3.0 but not much for anything else. What am I missing?
  4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Uh that's about right. What you're missing is the fact that a large amount of high end devices(aka not HTC) run tegra 2 cpus.
  5. Jibberish18

So everyone else with a HummingBird or SnapDragon chip won't get much benefit out of this?
  6. peperonikiller

peperonikiller TS Member Posts: 75

face it, people with a droid x or Evo or similar are already outdated. The rate at which mobile processors and GPU's are being created and used is changing very rapidly
  7. Jibberish18

For sure. In the mobile world, you're lucky if you can stay up to date for 3 months let alone half a year or more. But go figure they've got to be able to squeeze a lot more life out of the older chipsets. I mean the Hummingbird is no slouch and has a great GPU. The Snapdragon isn't the greatest but look at what WinPhone7 phones accomplish with it. So why so many things being left out for people "older" processors? I don't get it. You can't say it's because they're not capable.
  8. foreverzero89

foreverzero89 TS Enthusiast Posts: 217

will it be a full fledged update or just an update that you can go to android market and click up date?
  9. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I would imagine the latter, having 10.1 and 10.2 on the android market is just going to confuse people, yes people are that stupid, assuming that's what you meant of course :)