Adobe opens $9.99 per month Photoshop + Lightroom subscription to all

By Jos
Nov 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe’s powerful graphics editing software isn’t exactly known for being cheap. But the company is lowering that entry barrier for a limited time by opening up their subscription-based Photoshop Photography Program to everyone, whether or not they own or have...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,680   +870

I really hate this new subscription stuff. Creative suites are a lot better IMO. They should follow Autodesk and offer a suite + subscription based software and not just one.
  3. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TechSpot Member Posts: 90   +28

Well, for Europeans it's 12.99?/month, that's about 17.50$ ... A*holes!
    Arris likes this.
  4. Mavrickx888

Mavrickx888 TechSpot Member Posts: 64   +9

I completely agree. I don't see too much of a big deal with offering both. They probably just think they can appeal to a wider audience if they make things simple and just offer a subscription based plan rather than both.

Either way, $9.99/month is a REALLY attractive offer for even Photoshop alone - let alone the other extras. I don't use Photoshop other than for the occasional personal project, so shelling out the hundreds of dollars for the software isn't as appealing as a subscription model.
    JC713 likes this.
  5. Hasbean

Hasbean Newcomer, in training Posts: 53   +9

Call me cynical, but where's the guarentee that Adobe won't hike the annual cost next year?
    JC713, SalaSSin and p51d007 like this.
  6. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Smart move. I'm not really interested in the subscription model given all the software I use, but they are setting themselves up to be the Netflix of content creation at that price point.

Autodesk is looking into the possibility to offer more subscriptions, but I doubt they will use it as their only means, or at least as Adobe has done so drastically.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.