TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Adobe opens $9.99 per month Photoshop + Lightroom subscription to all

By Jos · 5 replies
Nov 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe’s powerful graphics editing software isn’t exactly known for being cheap. But the company is lowering that entry barrier for a limited time by opening up their subscription-based Photoshop Photography Program to everyone, whether or not they own or have...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,487   +966

I really hate this new subscription stuff. Creative suites are a lot better IMO. They should follow Autodesk and offer a suite + subscription based software and not just one.

3. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TS Booster Posts: 144   +53

Well, for Europeans it's 12.99?/month, that's about 17.50$ ... A*holes!

Arris likes this.
  4. Mavrickx888

Mavrickx888 TS Enthusiast Posts: 64   +9

I completely agree. I don't see too much of a big deal with offering both. They probably just think they can appeal to a wider audience if they make things simple and just offer a subscription based plan rather than both.

Either way, $9.99/month is a REALLY attractive offer for even Photoshop alone - let alone the other extras. I don't use Photoshop other than for the occasional personal project, so shelling out the hundreds of dollars for the software isn't as appealing as a subscription model.

Jad Chaar likes this.
  5. Hasbean

Hasbean TS Enthusiast Posts: 99   +23

Call me cynical, but where's the guarentee that Adobe won't hike the annual cost next year?

Jad Chaar, SalaSSin and p51d007 like this.
  6. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Smart move. I'm not really interested in the subscription model given all the software I use, but they are setting themselves up to be the Netflix of content creation at that price point.

Autodesk is looking into the possibility to offer more subscriptions, but I doubt they will use it as their only means, or at least as Adobe has done so drastically.