Adobe Photoshop CS6 beta now available as free download

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Adobe has released a beta version of Photoshop CS6 that is free to download and try. The latest installment of the popular photo editing software for PC and Mac is said to have 60 percent more features than CS5 including around 65 user-requested features.

Last month Adobe demonstrated a couple of impressive new features known as content-aware move and the extend tool, both of which are included in CS6. Content-aware allows the user to select an object and move it to a different location in the photo. The software’s algorithm will do all of the work, effectively moving the object and filling in the empty space with a believable background based on the surround areas.

An extension of the content-aware mode called extend (no pun intended) allows you to lengthen an object in the scene by grabbing and stretching it. Adobe has also added a Camera RAW sub-application that provides the user with better control over their RAW images. CS6 can even make automatic adjustment based solely on a user’s lens profile.

adobe photoshop cs6 download adobe beta photoshop cs6 beta

Adobe has also included a set of video editing tools for the traditional photo editor. PC Mag notes that users can split and join clips, add transitions between different segments and even apply photo adjustments to the video like brightness, contrast and tint.

"Photoshop CS6 will be a milestone release that pushes the boundaries of imaging innovation with incredible speed and performance," said Winston Hendrickson, vice president of products for Adobe Creative Media Solutions. "We couldn't wait to share this beta of Photoshop CS6 with our customers and are looking forward to hearing from them and seeing the ways they are incorporating the beta into their daily creative workflows."

In addition to the new features, CS6 has been redesigned with a darker interface, although users can selected a lighter gray background in the options.

The beta is available now for anyone on a PC or Mac to download and try. Adobe will be releasing the full version in the second half of 2012 at $699 for the standard version and $999 for the Extended package. Adobe now offers a subscription model that starts at $35 per month with a one-year commitment or $49 on a month-to-month basis.

Permalink to story.

Gonna try this then find a crack when the full version comes out. Gotta love youtube for that sort of thing. lolol

Hahaha, it will still be too expensive. And then the DRM is going to be laughable... again

Adobe doesn't restrict piracy with strict DRM because it benefits Adobe. People learn to use Adobe products, when they go pro they buy Adobe, when they get a job they demand Adobe's software etc.

Why crack it?

Download from main website.
Block Adobe connections through host file and or firewall settings.
Get a serial from the web.
Install.
???
PROFIT!

Haha - I just bought my personal copy of 5.5 last month. Maybe I should've waited.

Have they fixed it yet so short cuts are the same in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign? I'm still stuck with CS2, but I get tired to holding alt + scrolling to zone in and out, and not having it work in InDesign. Or Ctrl+D doesn't place objects in Illustrator.
Same company produces all 3 products, but can't get short cut keys to do the same thing across the 3 programs...
Or instead of adding new features I most likely will not use, fix some of the glitches.
I've tried CS4 and 5 at home and still found glitches that I have been battling in CS2. Like Photoshop suddenly saying "Unable to complete operation", and crashing....
Or Acrobat just disappearing when I go to print a file, with no error or warning. Just poof! Gone!

Back