TechSpot

Adobe prepping sandboxed Flash Player for Firefox, beta available now

By Shawn Knight
Feb 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe is working on a new Flash Player sandbox for Firefox that will essentially work in “Protected Mode” in an effort to protect users against exploits. The design of theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Good step in the right directing Adobe.

3. dikbozo

dikbozo TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

"No word on if this will do anything to fix the Flash video lockup issue that has plagued Mozilla?s browser for quite some time now."

WTF is this? I use both Firefox for 32 bit and Pale Moon for 64 bit under Windows and have not seen any type of flash video lock up except on non-standard flv or mp4 files encoded with oddball audio codecs. These fil;es will play fine in stand alone players such as MPC or Zoom Player.

4. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 408   +105

If it's what I think it is, then this happens to me when watching videos on YouTube sometimes. I'll load a video, 480p version starts playing, I switch to 720p then start the video again from 0:00 then just as I do that, Firefox locks up and stops responding. Then I have to wait a good 20 or so seconds before Flash craps out and Firefox is responsive again.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.