TechSpot

Adobe prepping sandboxed Flash Player for Firefox, beta available now

By Shawn Knight
Feb 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe is working on a new Flash Player sandbox for Firefox that will essentially work in “Protected Mode” in an effort to protect users against exploits. The design of theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Good step in the right directing Adobe.

3. dikbozo

dikbozo TS Enthusiast Posts: 82

"No word on if this will do anything to fix the Flash video lockup issue that has plagued Mozilla?s browser for quite some time now."

WTF is this? I use both Firefox for 32 bit and Pale Moon for 64 bit under Windows and have not seen any type of flash video lock up except on non-standard flv or mp4 files encoded with oddball audio codecs. These fil;es will play fine in stand alone players such as MPC or Zoom Player.

4. If it's what I think it is, then this happens to me when watching videos on YouTube sometimes. I'll load a video, 480p version starts playing, I switch to 720p then start the video again from 0:00 then just as I do that, Firefox locks up and stops responding. Then I have to wait a good 20 or so seconds before Flash craps out and Firefox is responsive again.