Adobe responds to iPad's lack of Flash, Fujitsu consulting lawyers over iPad name

By Matthew
Jan 28, 2010
  1. Just like the iPhone and iPod Touch, Apple's iPad doesn't support Flash, and Adobe isn't thrilled about it. The company offered a statement to Gizmodo, saying that Apple is continuing to impose restrictions on its devices that limit both content publishers and consumers.

Read the whole story
  2. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

That damn MadTV sketch scarred me for life, every time I hear iPad it comes to mind. At least it has one pro firewall lol.
  3. Moltar

Moltar TS Rookie Posts: 55

I dont even know what to say. Oh, wait, iPad = Fail....
  4. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

iPad is a lame name. W/e. Right now the iPAD, imho, sucks. Would be better if it used OSX. Or some OSX Lite.
  5. Moltar

Moltar TS Rookie Posts: 55

I agree thatguyandrew92 but people will still buy it, just like they do all the other Apple products.

I laughed when I was this youtube video but its so true in regards to Apple fanboys.
  6. Apple finds another untapped market segment: people who want an eBook reader but actually don't want to read. not impressed. - elise pipu, UK -
  7. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

I hope fujitsu rakes 'em over the coals. I'm so sick of all the i this i that from crapple. And to their defense maybe they can come up with a flash alternative so Adobe flash doesn't have so much of a monopoly (still angry about the long time lack of gpu support). <Yeah I'm angry today ;) >
  8. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 284

9. apple will just buy the name from Fujitsu, like the corporate pigs they are.
  10. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Yeah, why not? They fought over Cisco for the rights to use the iPhone name... Typical Apple.
  11. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

MadTV - Apple iPad skit:
  12. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

If they settle it might be a nice cash infusion for Fujitsu.
  13. With the launch of the iPad tablet, Apple has managed to become the ultimate digital go-between company for high quality and high price content in a small yet very affluent segment of the population ... NQ Logic encourages you to check out why Apple's iPad is the final digital puzzle for their ultimate connected consumer strategy at
  14. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 526

With GPU enabled flash support available now, i do see this as a major oversight on apples part, and one of my biggest annoyances with them.
  15. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,813   +484

More and more problems with apple's iPad. I for one don't care if it's successful or not.
  16. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

from what I have seen Don't buy the Ipad, u will regret it!
  17. megrawab

megrawab TS Rookie Posts: 93

What!!! It iPad does not support flash?!!! It comes me into suspicion that it is more of a mobile phone than a computer. Most mobile phones cannot play flash for which I think most recent devices must be able to since flash is almost a commodity not only in the web but also on most applications. How would the user play flash games (esp. farmville) and watch flash videos in iPad if it doesn't have the flash support?!...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.