Advanced Virus Remover, rogue antivirus help? trojan-spy.html.visafraud.a

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldacheese

Where to start. Basically we hadn't used the computer yesterday but it was left on. Last night I went to check something and it had a pop up down by the time with a sheild saying our computer was infected the first thing I did was close the little bubble, and run my antivirus. It didnt work, said it removed something but it must not have. I was using AVG free and its set up to run automatically 2 times a day. So I uninstalled it and downloaded Avast as per the instructions on the 8steps to do first. I did that, 3 times. the first 2 it refused to run and had to restart and do it before the computer loaded the regular screen. said it was on the operating system. I did write down where it was located. In the Temporary internet files and firewall, i have te exact thing it said if you'd like it. ANYWAY, NOW I can not get to a single webpage at all or anything. It will open but not load anything. So I dont know what to do. I downloaded CC cleaner on our other computer the one i'm on right now. and downloaded it to a disk along with mbam. and ran the cc cleaner and it deleted some things but still getting popups and virus thing. It even deleted my walpaper and chaged the color and has a text box that says somethign like this computer is infected. Anyway, so whats the next step do I just need to download all the files needed to remove it burn a cd and then install them on the other computer or what do I do.

At this point, all you can do is run the 8-steps as explained on the forum.
Post your logs and somebody will review them. Be prepared to wait a while before an answer.
In ost cases, if you follow the 8-steps, line by line, it will solve the problem on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back