Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal - Unresponsive, won't scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noam

Hi.

Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal v2.01.754 is what I'm running on my PC (XP Pro SP2).

It used to work fine a couple weeks ago, but now when I open up the program nothing happens when I click any of the buttons, and it can't identify my hardware configuration either.
It works fine on my other PC, but it stopped working here.

I'd appreciate any help at all. :)

Attached is what seems to be the program's error log.

According to the IObit website, the latest release (2.81) came out July 7th. That's what I have.
I just can't understand what's wrong with it.
I'll try an older version just to make sure... but I have a feeling that's not going to do any good.

You have two choices to try and handle this:

1. Do a System Restore to date right before scanning ability was lost.
or
2. Uninstall/Reinstall AWC.

Some tips I found to do before running a scan:
1. First, update to the latest version and the latest database file if you have not done so.
2. Second, while running Advanced Windows Care, please temporarily disable or close any background program such as antivirus, anti-spyware and firewall.
3. Third, it is highly recommended that you run a thorough “Check” or “Scan Disk” depending on your Windows version. Try scanning in safe mode.

Also do a virus scan, ccleaner will clean and optimize a large part of the registry in the Applications tab, but if you use it tick each box individually and it will also create a back up for you usually in My Documents.

Source: http://cotojo.wordpress.com/2007/06/21/advanced-windows-care-from-i0bit/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back