Advice appreciated

Mavrickx888

Hey all, I am in need of a quick bit of advice.

I have an old Alienware Area 51 from quite a few years back (pics below) that is basically just sitting around collecting dust. The components are obviously all outdated (Core 2 Duo, 9800+ GTX, etc) so the poor thing just sits around and sees limited use. Despite its age, the PC as a whole is in pretty good condition. All internal parts function normally and the case is in great shape as well, with the exception of a bit of dust - but that's nothing a can of compressed air and some elbow grease can't fix.

I'm basically going back and forth in my head on whether to just scrap the thing (Possibly give it away to friends/family) or take the time to try and sell it. I know the internal parts wouldn't fetch anything significant, but a friend of mine mentioned there is somewhat of an niche demand for the older Area 51 cases.

I've researched and asked around a bit, but I figured I would consult the TS community for your opinions on the matter. Thanks for the input!

imag0077y.jpg

Doubt you'd get much for the internal components but I think you definitely could sell the case seeing as it's in good condition. Alienware never sold their cases on their own so there might be people out there looking for an Alienware case but not willing to pay their premium for a whole system.

I must say it's a pretty cool case, I'm sure someone out there would be hot for it. So if you don't want to benefit a family member, sell it off. You could always throw the old components in another old case if you have one handy and still pass it on to them.

Win-Win.

Alienware...
:drool:

Go to the Hot Deals section of the forums, someone will buy it.
Sorry, I would have, but the netbook purchase has set me back on my college funds. :(

Back