Advice before purchase????

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent111

Firstly, I am looking into purchasing a Geforce 7800GTX 512mb (PCI-E) garphics card? Is this a decent card?

Secondly should I get one of these I then need to purchase a mobo but am not sure which one is best?

The bits that I want to buy I want to keep for a few years, :angel: so I want top of the range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :grinthumb

It's a good card. The 7900gtx will be out any day now and is better, and costs less. ATi has large price cuts coming too.

Mobo is hard to say. What CPU and memory do you have?

I would by a new high-end mother board they are about 80-100 $$$$$$

Then when the 7900gt(or gtx) comes out you will have money saved for it and it will be cheaper and be alot better.

Cheers,
Dont have cpu or memory for a new board yet, basically going to start from scratch with a new system but dont want to buy bits that wont fit a new mobo, any makes/models you would recommend?

My favorites now are the DFI lan partys for AMD. I have a Biostar Tforce6100-939 I like, and it's very enexpencieve. It can make a very good single card system. Add two gigs of CL2 memory, and a San Diago core CPU and let the gaming begin!

Reveiws for the new 7900 and 7600 cards just flooded the web,
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2717&p=1
I just read that one. The 7900gtx is head to head with the x1900xtx now. Prices are uncertain now because ATi will lower $100 or so off the top end cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back