Advice on $800 laptop for college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilliak

I need a laptop and dont know waht to buy. Sooo im leaving it to you guys :)
I am majoring in comptuer science what should i buy for that major that will suit its needs, i love amd and really dont care if its intel, ati or nvidia just find me something around 800$ if you can.

From the above link I think this Satellite A500-ST56EX seems very interesting and reasonably powerful.

Also have a look at this Lenovo seems to be a good option to have a look at as well.

Edit:
Specifications wise this HP is a good option IMHO (although I don't like the brand).

Hi,

There are many laptops that will fit your budget. Are there any other specifications that you require for your laptop? What will you be using it for besides schoolwork?

If you will only be using it for schoolwork, you should check out the Toshiba Satellite T135D-S1325WH because it is ultra-light and portable.

Otherwise, if you provide me some more details I can recommend another option or two that may fit your needs better.

Hope this is helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

I like to play rts games and wow....hahaha and i need it for Computer science for my degree field. so thats about it

The Toshiba should be able to handle these games! It has a ATI® Radeon™ 3100 video card and 4 GB of RAM. You can check out more specs and compare it to other more advanced gaming laptops using a tool called PC Scout.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back