Advice on creating dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomi-Wan

Here's my situation.
I video taped my daughters wedding on camcorder, then had Uncle burn on to a dvd using a vhs to dvd recorder. I then ripped video from dvd to pc using Ulead 9 so I could edit and rearrange.
Here's my problem:
I can't get them back on a dvd. Ulead loses the audio, don't know why. The many programs I downloaded either don't have menu editing or say my videos won't fit on the dvd!
Here's my request:
Does anyone know of a program that can help me?

It depends on whether or not you are trying to create a DVD with a menu.

DVD Fab and DVD Decrypter will both rip the content of a DVD to the HDD. But, DVD Shrink or Nero Recode will only create Auto-Play DVDs. All they will do is simply allow you to arrange your files in sequence. Neither of the foregoing apps will allow you to add FX or transitions and such.

The best results I've gotten in dealing with editing of DVD-Video Files have been with "DVD Movie Factory" (V 4.0 and above) I'm thinking that you're dealing with DVD-Video files on the existing DVD, since if they weren't you wouldn't be able to play the original on a stand alone DVD player.

There is one problem. DVD Shrink and Nero Recode won't reduce the quality of the video very much if at all. But using a full blown editing program will require the program to transcode and recompress your files. There would be a noticeable loss of quality.
That leads to this one Caveat, DVD-Video produced from an analog source actually seems to look a bit better than does DVD-Video taken from a digital source, since this path generates more digital compression artifacts. Or probably what would be more correctly called digital "recompression" artifacts.

Now when you say you Ulead lose's the audio do you mean when its importing it to the timeline or when its transcoding and burning it onto a DVD disc.

I don't know how Ulead 9 works but if you could add a audio track to the timeline, you could just rip the audio from the DVD and mix it with the video source.

I recommend DVD Slideshow Builder 4 which is a professional software that can create DVD photo slideshows with photos, video clips and music and publish MPEG/AVI/WMV/MP4/3GP for Youtube or burn DVDs. What it attract me is its plenty 2D/3D transitions and Ken-Burns effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back